Thursday 2 February 2012

First 2 weeks @ Sondela



Our first two weeks at Sondela has been a blast! I made a lot of new friends especially the girls staying with me in the girls house. We started off with our Workplace Orientation Program and got to know all the first years better. We did Basic Fire Fighting where we had the change to learn about igniting, controlling and extinguishing fires in a conservation area. Then we had our First Aid Level 1 training too. We did CPR on the Anny Doll for practicals which everyone was nervous about but in the end we all did it. We have learned about the different departments on Sondela and how they work as a whole. I am very excited to start studying and working and getting more experience in the work place here. I am looking forward to working at the Wild Life Center the most!

My highlights here so far has been visiting the Wild Life Center, Fire fighting and First Aid course and the teamwork exercises. The sunsets are BEAUTIFUL here! Low lights, not much except missing my family back home!

Living on the farm has been amazing so far. I think the rest of the year will be alot of fun and ALOT of hard work...


Check out this space..................

No comments:

Post a Comment